The Rain

The rain is black and soggy
and my heart is drenched and dripping
Flooding the lives of those I love

I didn't mean to be this way
I thought I was more
More than a dark puddle of conciousness
Weary and flat from my own attacks

I thought I had more to offer
but the rain had washed it away
I held in my hands, the red, white and blue ideals
but let them float away

So I could reach my greatness my destiny, myself
I didn't know myself, and what I see now is pain
Unreached potential, unfulfilled dreams
an unraised child looking for a home

But I have no home, so I must build
One stick, one brick, one stone at a time.
And hope, that as I build, by the grace of god
my home will not be washed away by the rain.

Comments

Popular Posts

Wake UP World

To the Ledge

Turn your head now baby Just Spit Me Out

Dancing With Kings