ok, I'm a flake

haha..."So, I've decided..." I am a flake..lol

I come on here and say I am gonna start writing everyday. I say that often, yet I don't do it. I think a lot of people do that sort of thing. Intend on doing something and then never really get to doing it. How do we make that GiAnT Leap into action?

I woke up last week, with the though "self-monitoring." The part of us that knows and recognizes ourselves and our actions objectively. I looked it up in my psychology book (thanks sis!) and didn't find it, but I did find "self-efficacy." Close enough I figured...

Self-efficacy is the ability to believe in ourselves and take the necessary steps in order to achieve an intended result. It turns out, just by believing in ourselves, it makes us better at what we do. If I believe I will do well in my new job, because I am confident and possess the needed skills, then I will do well. If I do not believe I will do well, regardless of ability, I will not do as well. 

So the first step to getting what we want, is to believe we are capable of having whatever it is. Then comes the next phase....Planning- each and every step it will take to get there, so there is no second guessing along the way. Visualizing this plan is also helpful to most people.

After I have identified what I want, talked myself into thinking I can do it, made a step-by-step plan and visualized my way to success I must actually take the first step and do it! This is where I get back to "self-monitoring"..... without it, I can talk my way out of the best laid plans. This is the point where I turn my eye on myself and take inventory of the actual efforts I am making.

Now that I have learned the valuable tools of self-efficacy- I must also use self- monitoring to put at bay the self-serving BS that keeps me from getting shit done!

Comments

Popular Posts

Wake UP World

To the Ledge

Turn your head now baby Just Spit Me Out

Dancing With Kings