Knots

Fear, anger- that familiar knot in my gut
The knot I'm hopeless to undo
That burns and rubs against it's own fibers
but never the satisfaction of a flame

Words that don't exist choke up inside my throat
My tongue begging for reprieve from my silent angst
My body tugs at itself looking for escape
My hands reach for something to fix,
But what's been broken is intangible and unfixable

To scream, to sing
To build and move
To be freed from my prison

Ah, what sweet relief that would be
Instead I fear I will sit here in my cell
and continue to eat my poison
because it's all there is to take

One day however, after enough dreams toward peace
I will breathe, and feel that knot release
That breath will feel like the first
To appreciate something so life giving
That never existed in my world before.

Comments

Popular Posts

Wake UP World

To the Ledge

Turn your head now baby Just Spit Me Out

Dancing With Kings