Pride? What is this Feeling?

A smile creeps onto my lips, I sit a bit straighter and feel those tinglys down my neck. What is this? It feels good, and I don't know if I've felt it before. I'm proud of myself!

I have actually ACCOMPLISHED something worthwhile. Something that I can smile about and show the rest of world, and feel PROUD about it! It may not be much to some, but it's everything to me. What's sad is that I don't think I've ever felt this before, not for a personal accomplishment anyway. Of course I have felt pride for my childen, but they are not a goal set and achieved, it's not the same.

I was homeless, jobless, without more than a suitcase to my name. I was depressed and hopeless, grieving for the loss of things that felt too great to imagine. I was looking day to day toward just surviving; food, clothes, shelter....sanity- that's important too. This was less than 6 months ago!


Ok, so I didn't win a Pultizer Prize today, or become rich overnight, but I HAVE set goals for myself and accomplishd every single one! I have found a job, found a home, and procurred everything needed to live comfortably inside that home. I have started school! Not just started but finished my first term (a condensed summer term at that) with what will probably be a 4.0 (or damn close). I have came up against inumerable odds and pushed them all out of my way.

So while I am still broke and without a degree and I lost my job..I can still say I am damn proud of myself. The biggest part of this... I know what's to come. The world can expect greatness.. and I can expect to give myself the time and patience to accomplish that. 

Comments

Popular Posts

Wake UP World

Turn your head now baby Just Spit Me Out

To the Ledge

Dancing With Kings