Benefits of Giving Up

I spent years building my home, piece by piece. I was just beginning to decorate it when a large well came up and washed it away. So completely even the foundation was invisible. I wandered and waded in the swamp that remained where my solid home had stood. I even dove under the dark cold waters to find the pieces and rebuild...but they were gone, washed away.

I then began to scramble for a new home. Paddling against the currents looking for any space to hold onto and rebuild. I heard the voices around me telling me which way to swim and I was trying to listen but could not reach their voices, the currents were too strong. For a moment I thought I would drown.

As with any near death experience, my life flashed before my eyes. I saw all I had done for it's reality, instead of how I wanted to see it. I cried. I cried for my losses, I cried for my wrongdoings, I cried for myself and my tears filled this swamp I had created until it became a river. Then...

...I finally gave up. I lay on my back atop the deep waters and took a deeper breath. I stopped scrambling for what I knew would eventually come. I stopped listening to all the voices around me.

I lay on my back atop the deep waters and felt the current beneath me, gently guiding me through it's path. I let myself follow it's nature and become a part of it's flow.

Now I lay upon a warm shore, and I'm finally dry. I have gained the knowledge that whatever home I  may build upon this earth will eventually be washed away, and I will again have to rebuild. But this time I will go with the tides. I will find my new shore unde the fate of it's currents.

Comments

Popular Posts

Wake UP World

Turn your head now baby Just Spit Me Out

To the Ledge

Dancing With Kings