Meddling

A little caper, tip-toeing through my head, peaking in doors unseen and unannounced
Leaving footprints in the carpet just deep enough to be noticed
She tries to leave a trail of misgivings and clues to my next downfall

But she forgets she does not know the house she has trespassed
Instead she follows her own blueprints, believing they must be the same
Her tiny, unwanted gifts fall on deafened ears and get swept away

I am wise now to my meddlers ways, no longer shaped and startled by her attacks
Subtle is how she believes herself to be, stealthy and sly as she vandilizes my mind
But the spotlight has been glowing for some time, and she is the one who cannot see

My gates are closed, my guards on task, no longer an ignorant fool with doors unlocked
She still creeps in the shadows, as I sit and laugh watching her peek around the corner
She can't see me, but now I see her; just a child with a game that can't be won

Comments

Popular Posts

Wake UP World

To the Ledge

Turn your head now baby Just Spit Me Out

Dancing With Kings