You Found me on the Playground

You found me on the playground,
kicking rocks and calling names.
You told me how alike we were.
You asked me to play your games.

        I was young and thought no harm
        to play your games and take your arm.


You pulled out every trick you had,
with no shame upon your face.
You played dirty but didn't care,
You had won the chase.


       I was growing then, and had a mind
       but I couldn't know. I was blind.

You did not earn the prize you held,
working me, to win it all.
You played it how you pleased,
and left me to carry the ball.

       I was grown then, but went along
       I had yet to learn that I was strong.

You handed off each hard pass,
you carried on while I called foul.
You stood deaf as I cried for rules.
It was You, who threw in the towel.

      I was older then and wiser still
      to your crooked ways and how they kill.

You blame me for blowing the whistle.
I'm at fault? Why this game didn't work?
You stonewalled me!
My words. My cries. My hurt.

     I was younger then and so I tried,
     but I will leave this game with all my pride.
     And will take with me, my rightful heirs.
     As the game you play, will never be theirs.
















Comments

Popular Posts

Wake UP World

To the Ledge

Turn your head now baby Just Spit Me Out

Dancing With Kings