Walking Along


Walking Along


Walking along the edge.
Gazing at possibilities.
Slowly taking these steps,
I sway to find my footing.

Indefinite, but with stride,
and seeking affirmation,
I am altogether captured
by the reverent form unfolding.

Resisting an impressive urge,
to plunge into what feels true,
I have fallen before, and as they say,
That, is not what kills.

So, here I remain. Myself.
Steady and balanced on this ledge.
On the horizon, moments envisaged,
 waiting to become…

When the timing is right,
with respect to that uncertain state,
disquietude shall cease, and
a new harmony will compose…

Where- I can jump, or rather fall,
and immerse absolutely,
in amity and contentment.
Fulfillment of our course.

What an extraordinary endeavor
we have set out to travel.
The words which brim upon my lips,
simply do not avail,

or impart to you, what I believe,
this journey may reveal. For now…
These words will hold their place
and we will walk on still.


-Rochelle Willis ©2012

Comments

Post a Comment

Can you relate?

Popular Posts

Wake UP World

To the Ledge

Turn your head now baby Just Spit Me Out

Dancing With Kings